Important!!!  Americans Injured In Canada
Have you been seriously injured in a car accident while traveling in Canada?
Or have you been seriously injured by an American who was traveling in Canada?
Call Us Now! | Americans Injured In Canada | FREE Legal Consultation

Over 200 million people a year cross between the United States and Canada each year for vacations, business and countless other reasons. Unfortunately, thousands of those trips result in injury or even death. Thousands of Canadians are seriously injured or killed while visiting the United States each year, especially in the border states as well as vacation hot spots as Florida and Hawaii. Even if you are only injured, not only can the accident ruin your entire trip, it may affect the rest of your life.  Obtaining compensation based on an accident far from home, or by a driver from another country can be challenging However, there are ways to compensate you for your losses.   
As a starting point, citizens and residents (or their families in the case of death) of the United States can make claims for personal injury or death in Canada and for injuries caused by Canadians.  Similarly, Canadians that are hurt or killed in the United States or by an American driver have the right to obtain compensation for their injuries and losses.  Most often the other party will have insurance in place to respond to such claims. 

However, it is especially difficult to deal with a serious accident if you are injured in another country or by a driver from another country.  In addition to worrying about your health and well-being, you may be faced with a complex insurance claims process.  You may also be faced with extremely expensive medical bills.  You may be asked by insurance company representatives to make decisions and sign documents.  For these reasons, some insurance companies count on injured victims leaving the country without filing any sort of personal injury claim.

To make matters even worse, there is a complex interplay between the legal and insurance systems of the United States and Canada that even most lawyers don’t understand.  Each province, territory and state has different laws regarding personal injuries.  Cross border personal injury cases can be complex and you should not delay in consulting a personal injury lawyer experienced in these types of cases.
We are experienced in dealing with unique regulations or rules that may stand in the way of you getting the compensation you deserve.  We can also help you choose between benefits, should that be necessary.  This may be especially important if the at fault party is uninsured or underinsured. Even if there is insurance, due to the low minimum insurance requirements in many states, the other driver may not have sufficient insurance to pay for your injury claim.
The good news is that you do not have the face the consequences of a injury alone.  We will help you recover the compensation you need.  Whether you are someone who is injured in another country or injured by someone from Canada or the United States, we can help you.
We are a law firm of personal injury specialists who are licensed to practice law in both the United States and in Canada, and who hold law degrees from top Canadian and American law schools.  We have tried cases in both Canada and the United States. Together we have tried over 100 cases to verdict and collected millions of dollars for our clients.  We don’t know of any other law firm with our unique qualifications to represent people killed or injured while visiting Canada or the United States. 
In addition to our dual legal training and expertise, our law firm knows how to aggressively investigate the circumstances surrounding your personal injury, work with property owners or other parties that may be responsible for your losses, and deal with insurance companies so that you can receive the compensation you deserve.


Reasons to Hire Our Firm for Your Cross Border Injury Claim


Step By Step Graph Walking You Through a Cross Border Injury Case



 Cases we take

Our practice focuses on serious cross border accidents that cause serious injury or death.  As such, we can’t take every case.  We focus on complex serious injury and wrongful death claims that typically involve a mix of Canadian and American drivers.  We know the devastation that these types of accidents can cause and are focused on trying to get our clients the maximum compensation possible.       
We act for Canadians who have been injured or killed in car accidents in the United States or by an American driver and for Americans injured or killed in car accidents in Canada or by a Canadian driver. Our lawyers are citizens of Canada and the United States, and licensed to practice law in British Columbia, Alaska and California as well as the Federal Court. Our office is based in Santa Rosa California but we can (and do) take cases throughout North America. 

It is very important for people who are injured in a cross border accident to hire a law firm that can act for them both in the United States and in Canada.  In order to deal with cross-border claims, both injured Canadians and Americans need a lawyer who understands the interaction between US and Canadian law.  When choosing a lawyer, it is important to understand that most cases settle out of court.  We are experts at preparing and presenting a case to an insurance company to help you obtain the maximum compensation possible.  In the event that litigation is needed, we may be able to do it ourselves, depending on the jurisdiction.  We pride ourselves on being trial lawyers and the insurance companies know it.  We have represented clients from almost every State, appeared in courts throughout North America and been lead counsel in cases from New Jersey to California.  However, in the very rare case where we need local counsel, we protect our clients by associating with local counsel.  This will not increase the cost to the client but allows us to direct the litigation and the client to have continuity of counsel.  Our education and experience has created a practice that allows us to pursue claims in both the United States and Canada for anyone injured or killed in a serious cross border accident.  


Whenever you believe you have a claim against someone in an serious cross border accident, you should call us as soon as possible in order to protect your right to compensation.  First, we may need to act quickly to preserve evidence as memories fade, witnesses disappear, and vital records and reports can be lost without quick action.  Second, in every State and Province you have a limited amount of time from the date of the accident to file a complaint against the other party involved. You should always seek advice at the earliest stage possible. If you do not, it may seriously jeopardize your case.


If you or a loved one has been seriously injured or killed in a cross border traffic accident call us. 1(844)299-0808

empty spacer
There is no such thing as a dumb question. Only honest advice.
Not everyone can be a legal expert — unless it's their job. That's where we come in.

Contact Us

empty space